so yes exam period nearly ends, and i probably had just the worst one today. to shrug off the mood before continuing on my last one, i explored youtube just to rediscover childhood memories.
binary land
this brings back memories like a hell lot. and so reading from the comments i apparently just found out that the theme song was a piece of french musician's art. here:
clu clu land
city connection
i hate it when the cat appears out of nowhere :s
ice climber
best played together.
milon's secret castle / maze song
i personally never finished this game. it was hard to complete back without a guide.
solomon's key
i might be biased here, but personally it was one of the best nes puzzle game out there.
m.c kids
a franchise game which surprisingly turned out to be not that bad at all.
rainbow islands
the title doesn't seem so convincing but this game is good. i love the music best, not to mention they actually have an arkanoid-based stage here!
pooyan
nearly forgotten, but no fortunately.
and finally for now:
antarctic adventure
i cried.
more to come, i don't want to stuff it all up in one post. maybe i have. but well.
ah, memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
I hear you for horrible exams. 2nd year subjects are bloody difficult. When's your last one?
And I never had a NES D: Damn, I missed out.
20th, i haven't touched one bit, good thing it is worth only 50% so. less pressure.
though what made NES special for me is that because i have emotional attachment to it, childhood memories and such. now i feel old.
Pressure's self-generated D: Take it easy, dude. But you sound pretty relaxed about it, which is good, I guess.
Nostalgia makes everything special. Mwa-ha-ha. Speaking of old, how does it feel to be nearing twenty?
well. i've dealt enough pressure lately, i just can't really be seriously bothered anymore.
there's always this air of mysteriousness about the past. the thing we've gone through but we cannot vividly remember. the decision made for an unknown future. we could have made a totally different decision and our life now would have been totally different.
i'm more excited about how others go through this stage really. people will change. beliefs will be shaken. identity will be challenged. i expect drastic change, if not a new kind of perspective on how they will see this world.
feeling old? physically yes, mentally no.
Weird, huh. I expected more pressure will be motivating but all it does is make people tired.
That's true. Something like a recursive 'what-if'. And then that leads to regret, then depression, then an insistence to live in the past. Or it can go the other way, I guess, but most people tend towards regret. Sad.
But it's kinda a gradual process, right? People don't magically change at twenty. Sometimes they don't change at all. I guess some new worries start cropping up, since by the time you're twenty people expect you to know where you wanna be in life.
Physically? Um. Rheumatism?
it has to go along with a strong motivation, i suppose. without motivation one would not have that strong persistence.
past in a way is comforting because there is no sense of danger or uncertainty. it was a fixed point of time where happiness stays the way it is. however one often fails to realize that the we live in a time dimension, the past is distant, unless one can find a way to shift time, living in it is a waste of 'time'.
sometimes they don't change, but the stagnancy itself is kinda interesting to watch. how they manage to cope out with life as they grow older, but stay the way they have always been. i won't say that it is bad, because some people actually did that and triumphed in life.
bad vision, eyes are getting strained too easily, muscles cramped here and there. i need a spa.
Motivation is hard. Sometimes I can't just care enough, lol.
We kinda make out our pasts to be happier/better than it actually is, though. And then in the future we'll think the same thing of the present, and so on and so forth - so essentially we'll never be happy. Sigh.
Who? In itself, it takes a certain kind of willpower to remain unchanged... The people who can remain stagnant all their lives must be really stubborn.
You returning to Indo? Spa chance :D
Oh, and good luck tomorrow!
then i wonder how do you cope up with all the pressure and stuff without a motivation? for me it was quite hard since then i would rather have just thrown it all off. not that i particularly have one now, but i'm hanging on.
too bad we live in a time dimension really. though time is indeed a relative subject, a seemingly fixed frame just because no one has yet to find a way to bend it. or probably we are just looping around in an indefinite cycle, without realizing it.
there are minor and major changes. some made a breakthrough some stayed inside the line. some succeeded some did not. perhaps the stagnancy i was talking about was the one who did/could/would not step outside the line. saying: "i was born this way" as their security blanket.
nope. i felt like i still wanted something to do and i haven't grown enough. i am going back later on this december though.
thanks. i need all the luck now to pull the last one off. and then freedom. or maybe not.
but at least there is no more formal uni stuff to do for a while and that's something to be celebrated.
when's your last exam? returning back to indo?
I wonder how. Concepts like 'it's for your future!' are bullshit to me. Well, when stressed I walk around outside for hours. Looking at the river, the falling leaves, people watching and stuff. Then I tell myself how much I love the world and how I'm content to be here; maybe not perfect, but that's good enough. The rest, well, come as they may. If all else fails, there's always heroin. Lol.
We'll probably never really understand time, but that's why speculative fiction exists. Time loops. Wouldn't that be cool, though?
Well. Lady Gaga has a lot of fans. And the people who say that, along with the cowardice, have this certain admirability in being so self-assured. Not a lot of people can accept themselves for who they are. Maybe that's a bad thing, or a good thing. Who knows.
And do you feel like you can't do the same in Indo?
Yay for freedom! Tomorrow's my last. And nope, since I'm taking a winter class. No break for me, unfortunately, but at least I'm excited about this class like crazy.
'It's for your future' is a bold statement really. It is one good safety precaution, but who we are to know what the future holds? Unless you are an indigo, well, that is... fascinating.
Weird isn't it how a simple sightseeing could change one's state of mind. I guess that is somehow the concept of 'refreshing your mind' works: filling your brain with new ideas and images, taking them all in with your eyes and ears.
Who knows really, maybe years from now they'll teach subjects like TIME10001: Fundamental Physics of Time in university. Maybe we will finally be able to live in a different wave frequency, travel between the parallel dimensions, and any other crazy possibilities you can think of now.
It is as if in indo i will be back to my comfort zone, I don't have to stand with my own two feet. Whereas here, in this environment, I feel like my old-self is more challenged. And so there is higher chance to fall, and learn, and then improve myself to a certain degree, that is in my opinion.
But it is actually a good idea to keep your brain occupied during the break, it will be somehow like a warm-up before the second semester start, don't you think?
Alas, I am not a colour. Are you one of the New Age believers? I mean, I can see why the idea of indigo/crystal children can be attractive and all but they seem so... whimsical.
They do have PHYC20010: Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity, which is probably as close to TIME10001 as we can get now. Hopefully one day we can see blue police boxes flying around. I just hope I'll live to see the day.
A nice way to put it. But I'm just curious, how different are you in Indo and in here? Because it's a perfect point if you're choosing where to live, but in the timeframe of our winter holiday would it matter in the grand scheme of things?
It's a warm-up, yep. Although that's not the reason I took it. I just don't deal well with boredom, and well, why not study?
Now now, I have just known that they have a term for that. Checking the wiki page, I have to admit that some of their ideas are indeed fascinating, and I could agree to a certain extent.
By the way I have just found out that humans have been predicting doomdays for nearly two millenia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events
If we manage to see a blue police box falling from the sky, then we should be able to cheat death. No?
I just feel I am not ready to come back yet. It is as if I will be more productive here, it is just an intuition really.
Now does that make me a new age believer?
If you're thinking to buy a NDS, then I suppose the first game you should buy is the Professor Layton series. It is a good game really, and very well could keep your brain running during the break.
Or study another language perhaps?
I only know the term because one of my relatives was an avid preacher. Kinda got sick of it, after a while, lol.
We're obsessed with the apocalypse or something. After deciding the time they'll probably start fighting on the 'how'.
Not if you're killed right when you're doing the death-cheating, unless of course you have access to a shapeshifting robot. I feel cheated by that revelation.
I'm not qualified to say whether anyone's a new age believer, but I guess if you believe that you believe then you believe. Believeception.
I think I'll download the rom and play it on an emulator :D Speaking of languages - well, not exactly - I kinda want to learn Gregg's shorthand. Shorthand in general is pretty cool, and the loops look elegant on paper.
Sorry for the late reply, bro.
And this relative of yours is against them I suppose? On the 'how' part, everyone can make up their own assumption, then again, it remains an assumption.
Let's say I am killed when I traveled to 1000 BC, will history change? Then again, you might say that in another parallel universe I am still alive, whereas in the other I don't even exist.
Time is a confusing concept.
Then you should totally download one. It gets interesting really, I might buy another one soon.
And I guess shorthand has this cryptic sense, one unfamiliar with it might misread it as mere doodling.
Done your timetabling already?
No worries, bro.
Nope, she's actually a bit bigoted. Very strong believer.
I believe in a stable time loop - that somehow or another nature wouldn't let you change the course of time - but I guess parallel universes are okay too. I don't really buy that 'change the past to change the future' thing. Kinda paradoxical, imo.
But that's why it's fun :D
Yup. Speaking of games, seen the Independent Games Festival at ACMI yet?
The loops feel good to write. Very swishy.
Yes, and it's kinda horrible. Three days of the week I finish at 6:15. How about you?
Post a Comment